Using RPCServer with C Compiler

Hello,

I have a hardware target for which I do not have a C++ compiler. My problem is that the RPCServer I seem to need for autotuning is a C++ file. Is there another way to perform tuning without any dependencies on C++?

If you don’t have a C++ compiler, you can use the Python API for tuning, which doesn’t require C++. This way, you can perform autotuning without any C++ dependencies.

May be this will help you: visit.stackoverflow.com/questions/21739660/how-to-create-rpc-server-for-a-c-sharp-application

1 Like

Additionally, you might want to explore using cross-compilation tools that can compile C++ code on your development machine for your hardware target, if feasible. This can help bridge the gap if C++ is unavoidable.

Can you elaborate which Python API there exists for tuning? I am familiar with the AutoTVM project API, but as I understand it that requires the RPC server.

I have a lot of legacy code needed for my hardware target that is not supported by a C++ compiler, so cross compilation doesn’t really help me. The compilation will be done on the host machine anyway, since the target isn’t suited to run a compiler on it.