TVM Conf 2020 – Dec 2-4

We’re excited to announce that TVM Conf 2020 will take place as an entirely virtual event on December 3-4. We’ll have more information soon, but are planning on two days of talks, discussion sessions, and tutorials from the TVM community.

The conference welcomes TVM contributors, potential users, sponsors, researchers and practitioners from the broader community. We will discuss recent advances in frameworks, compilers, systems and architecture support, security, training and hardware acceleration.

We’re in the early stages of planning, but if you’re interested in helping out with this community event, please feel free to reach out to me. While we aren’t able to meet in person this year, we’re still really excited about gathering the community online for this event.

Thanks!

Chris

16 Likes

Hi @hogepodge I would love to help out. Feel free to email me the details at mukesh@mukeshmithrakumar.com

The CFP for TVM Conf 2020 is now open! We will be accepting submissions until September 25, then notifying speakers and opening registration in mid-October. We’re also putting the final touches on the schedule, and adding a Day-0 event on Wednesday, December 2 with TVM tutorials to help introduce new users and developers to the project and community. We’re looking for:

• Technical and research talks
  • Case studies
  • Tutorials
  • Birds of a Feather and other collaborative sessions
  • Other sessions you feel would be valuable to the TVM community!

Thanks! Chris

3 Likes

Hi @hogepodge, this sounds very nice. What are the formal requirements for submissions? Best regards, Bernhard

We’re going to have 30 minute sessions, with 20-25 minutes allocated for speaking and 5-10 minutes allocated for questions. Since there are a very limited number of 30 minute slots, we’ll also have lightning sessions of 5 minutes to allow more compressed talks. Tutorial sessions will be about an hour. The CFP form lists all of the requirements, which include a title and a short abstract. You can also provide supplementary materials, such as papers, figures, and links to code repositories. Talks should be related to TVM or optimizing machine learning models, but there is a lot of flexibility. We’re looking for a broad range of topics as listed above. This is a community conference, and there is flexibility in shaping it for the needs of the community.

Hi, I have submitted a CFP, but I did not receive any email notifications. Just wondering if there is a way to check if the CFP has been received before the deadline. Thanks, wei.

Hi Wei, that is excellent feedback. Your submission has been received. Response receipts required that folks have Google accounts, which aren’t universal and would have prevented some people from submitting CFPs. In the future I will definitely look for other options to handle the CFP process.

The CFP is closing in one day, and I’ll send out notifications to everyone who has submitted no later than Monday, but targeting late Friday September 25th. If any issues arise from lost submissions we can handle that on a case by case basis.

Thanks everyone! -Chris

1 Like

Community review of the TVMConf Proposals is open! You can take a look at the existing titles and abstracts and leave comments on them in the linked Google Doc. Your feedback is important in helping to craft the schedule, so please take an opportunity to comment on the sheet. This review period will close on October 12, after which the programming staff will aggregate community and review committee results and work towards building out the final schedule.

Hi could you be more specific about what kind of comments are expecting? Should every comment comes with an acceptance score (1-5 for example) or something?

Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks @comaniac, it’s a pretty large number of talks for a comprehensive community review, so we were looking more for general comments. A scored program committee review is also underway right now. This document is meant to give the wider community visibility into all of the proposals and give them a chance to voice opinions on them.

I see. I guess I got confused because I don’t have experience of reviewing abstract only submissions :sweat_smile:

1 Like

@hogepodge There are some duplicated titles in the sheet, for example

• row 27 and 29
  • row 8 and 14
1 Like

Thanks @masahi! Fixed.

The responses to the CFP went out last Friday. If you haven’t received your response yet, it could be for a few reasons. It’s possible the mail was routed to your spam folder. The CFP form only asked for the email for the primary speaker, so you should check with them if you were listed as a secondary speaker.

If you’re still waiting on a response, please reach out to me and I’ll look in to it.

We’re asking everyone who was received an invitation to respond to it this week so that we can finalize the schedule. This year the talks will be prerecorded, with a deadline of November 23 for video delivery. This is in part to take into account the U.S. Thanksgiving holiday on November 26, one week before the conference.

Thanks to everyone for their submissions. The schedule will be going up soon along with the opening of general registration. It’s shaping up to be a great event this year, and I’m looking forward to seeing everyone!

-Chris

1 Like

Registration for TVM Conf is open! You can find the schedule and registration information on the TVM Conf 2020 site.

3 Likes

For those of you who missed TVM Conf 2020, or who want to revisit any of the talks, the full conference has been posted on YouTube and is accessible through the TVM Conf home page.

https://tvmconf.org

1 Like