TVM Con 2021, CFP is Now Open!

Save the dates, December 1st-3rd, for the fourth annual Apache TVM and Deep Learning Compilation Conference!

Similar to last year, the event will primarily be virtual with a full day of tutorials and introductory sessions, followed by two days of industry insight, academic advances, panel discussions, and lightning talks.

We are evaluating the possibility of holding part of the event in-person in Seattle, similar to a watch party for the main event. It’s difficult to know where our world-wide community will be with respect to vaccinations and travel restrictions, so our focus will be on how to host another accessible virtual event with an optional in-person component.

To help with planning, I’m attaching a short survey to determine how much interest there would be in attending a live watch party. We are also investigating the possibility of helping TVM community members host their own watch parties in their own city or region if they are able to organize a group of people meeting together. If you are planning to attend TVM Conf, whether in-person or virtual, please take a moment to fill out this brief survey. It will help the conference planning team greatly in determining how to best meet the needs of the community this year. If you have any other comments or questions, feel free to ask them in thread.

We will have more details about the RFP schedule and format soon. Thanks, and I’m looking forward to another fantastic event!

-Chris

• I will want to attend a one-day “watch party” in Seattle on Dec 2.
  • I can host a local “watch party” in my city or region on Dec 2.
  • I will only attend the event virtually.

0 voters

3 Likes

A quick update on the event. Due to the evolving situation around the spread of the delta variant, we have decided to postpone further planning for the in-person component of the event. We’ll continue to monitor the situation, and may have a much smaller in-person component, but for the time being we want to focus our efforts on providing the best virtual event possible and also protect the health and well-being of our communities. Thanks for participating in the poll, and watch this space for further updates on the CFP schedule.

-Chris

1 Like

A few more updates to the event.

• We’ve been exploring some new, more immersive virtual platforms, as well as reconsidering the date of the event.
  • The date of the event is moving to December 15-17, still following a similar format of all-virtual, day 1 for tutorials and days 2 and 3 for the main conference.
  • The conference CFP will be opening this Friday, September 3.

Thanks! Chris

1 Like

The CFP for TVMCon 2021 is now open! We will be accepting responses until October 1. We’re looking forward to another fantastic year of talks about current developments, research, and developments in the Apache TVM Community.

Any updates about the conference ?

2 Likes

Hi Ramana,

Thanks for checking in. We are putting the final touches on the schedule right now, and will be reaching out to speakers soon (within the next day) to confirm their speaker slots. In preparation for this, we just launched a new site with some preliminary information.

Registration is open, and the full schedule will be going online over the course of the next week. We’re pretty excited about the event this year. A few highlights:

• Similar to last year, there will be a full day of tutorials. We’ve expanded them to two tracks covering both the user and the developer experience.
  • There will be a main stage that will host the keynote and featured talks. The new event platform will include a lot of features that make it possible for attendees to ask questions, chat with other attendees, and attend breakout sessions.
  • There will also be two open source and community centered tracks, one focusing on TVM and the other focusing on TVM for embedded and edge.
  • Also similar to last year, we’re going to have talks on TVM in industry and production, technical talks, and another round of lightning talks.
  • We have sponsor booths this year, where attendees can meet with companies that are contributing to the growing open source community.

More soon, and thanks to everyone who submitted talks. It’s been a bit of a longer wait this year, and the number and strength of the submissions was impressive and demanded a lot of attention. Speaking on behalf of the event planning team, I want to thank you for your patience and understanding. I’m really excited about the event, especially for the additional opportunities we’ll have to bring the community together for collaboration.

-Chris

Thank you for the update to the community.

Ramana

1 Like