[External Codegen] DNNL Test Crashing

I have built TVM with LLVM and DNNL enabled, although I have not enabled MKL/MKLDNN/MKL BLAS. Possibly due to this “incomplete” set of build options, I am running into a crash when trying to run the following unit test:

tests/python/relay ‹main*› % python3 ./test_external_codegen.py
./test_external_codegen.py:68: DeprecationWarning: legacy graph executor behavior of producing json / lib / params will be removed in the next release. Please see documents of tvm.contrib.graph_executor.GraphModule for the  new recommended usage.
  json, lib, _ = relay.build(mod, target=target)
./test_external_codegen.py:68: DeprecationWarning: legacy graph executor behavior of producing json / lib / params will be removed in the next release. Please see documents of tvm.contrib.graph_executor.GraphModule for the  new recommended usage.
./test_external_codegen.py:253: DeprecationWarning: legacy graph executor behavior of producing json / lib / params will be removed in the next release. Please see documents of tvm.contrib.graph_executor.GraphModule for the  new recommended usage.
  _, _, params = relay.build(mod, target="llvm")
One or more operators have not been tuned. Please tune your model for better performance. Use DEBUG logging level to see more details.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./test_external_codegen.py", line 368, in <module>
    test_extern_dnnl()
  File "./test_external_codegen.py", line 296, in test_extern_dnnl
    mod, {"data0": i_data, "weight0": w_data}, (1, 32, 14, 14), ref_res.numpy(), tol=1e-5
  File "./test_external_codegen.py", line 80, in check_result
    check_vm_result()
  File "./test_external_codegen.py", line 62, in check_vm_result
    vm = runtime.vm.VirtualMachine(exe, device)
  File "/home/szaday2/workspace/tvm/python/tvm/runtime/vm.py", line 341, in __init__
    self.module = exe.mod["vm_load_executable"]()
  File "/home/szaday2/workspace/tvm/python/tvm/_ffi/_ctypes/packed_func.py", line 237, in __call__
    raise get_last_ffi_error()
tvm._ffi.base.TVMError: TVMError: could not construct a memory descriptor using a format tag

Do you have any suggestions on what to try to correct this failure? Do I need to enable MKL/etc. to use the DNNL target? If so, how do enable them? When I tried to build with them, I kept getting errors pertaining to USE_MKL pointing to the wrong directory, and MKLBLAS being missing.

Also, a secondary question – but assuming I get this all working, does the DNNL target support Relay QNN?

I also have this error, but I already build with USE_MKL, USE_MKLDNN.

Could you please provide your CMake log?

-- Build compiler with Relay VM profiler support...
-- Build with RPC support...
-- Build with Graph runtime support...
-- Build with Graph runtime debug support...
-- Build with Relay VM profiler support...
-- VTA build with VTA_HW_PATH=/home/siwa/tvm_official/3rdparty/vta-hw
-- Build VTA runtime with target: sim
-- Found CUDA_TOOLKIT_ROOT_DIR=/usr/local/cuda-10.1
-- Found CUDA_CUDA_LIBRARY=/usr/local/cuda-10.1/targets/x86_64-linux/lib/stubs/libcuda.so
-- Found CUDA_CUDART_LIBRARY=/usr/local/cuda-10.1/lib64/libcudart.so
-- Found CUDA_NVRTC_LIBRARY=/usr/local/cuda-10.1/lib64/libnvrtc.so
-- Found CUDA_CUDNN_LIBRARY=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcudnn.so
-- Found CUDA_CUBLAS_LIBRARY=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcublas.so
-- Found CUDA_CUBLASLT_LIBRARY=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcublasLt.so
-- Build with CUDA support
-- Build with cuDNN support
-- Build with OpenMP /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/7/libgomp.so;/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so
-- Use llvm-config=/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/bin/llvm-config
-- Found LLVM_INCLUDE_DIRS=/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/include
-- Found LLVM_DEFINITIONS=-D_GNU_SOURCE;-D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS;-D__STDC_FORMAT_MACROS;-D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS
-- Found LLVM_LIBS=/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMXRay.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMWindowsManifest.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMTableGen.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMSymbolize.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMDebugInfoPDB.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMOrcJIT.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMOrcError.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMJITLink.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMObjectYAML.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMMCA.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMLTO.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMPasses.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMObjCARCOpts.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMLineEditor.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMLibDriver.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMInterpreter.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMFuzzMutate.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMFrontendOpenMP.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMMCJIT.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMExecutionEngine.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMRuntimeDyld.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMDWARFLinker.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMDlltoolDriver.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMOption.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMDebugInfoGSYM.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMCoverage.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMCoroutines.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMXCoreDisassembler.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMXCoreCodeGen.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMXCoreDesc.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMXCoreInfo.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMX86Disassembler.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMX86AsmParser.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMX86CodeGen.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMX86Desc.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMX86Utils.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMX86Info.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMWebAssemblyDisassembler.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMWebAssemblyCodeGen.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMWebAssemblyDesc.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMWebAssemblyAsmParser.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMWebAssemblyInfo.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMSystemZDisassembler.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMSystemZCodeGen.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMSystemZAsmParser.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMSystemZDesc.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMSystemZInfo.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMSparcDisassembler.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMSparcCodeGen.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMSparcAsmParser.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMSparcDesc.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMSparcInfo.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMRISCVDisassembler.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMRISCVCodeGen.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMRISCVAsmParser.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMRISCVDesc.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMRISCVUtils.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMRISCVInfo.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMPowerPCDisassembler.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMPowerPCCodeGen.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMPowerPCAsmParser.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMPowerPCDesc.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMPowerPCInfo.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMNVPTXCodeGen.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMNVPTXDesc.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMNVPTXInfo.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMMSP430Disassembler.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMMSP430CodeGen.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMMSP430AsmParser.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMMSP430Desc.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMMSP430Info.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMMipsDisassembler.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMMipsCodeGen.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMMipsAsmParser.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMMipsDesc.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMMipsInfo.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMLanaiDisassembler.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMLanaiCodeGen.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMLanaiAsmParser.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMLanaiDesc.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMLanaiInfo.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMHexagonDisassembler.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMHexagonCodeGen.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMHexagonAsmParser.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMHexagonDesc.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMHexagonInfo.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMBPFDisassembler.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMBPFCodeGen.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMBPFAsmParser.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMBPFDesc.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMBPFInfo.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMARMDisassembler.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMARMCodeGen.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMARMAsmParser.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMARMDesc.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMARMUtils.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMARMInfo.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMAMDGPUDisassembler.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMAMDGPUCodeGen.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMMIRParser.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMipo.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMInstrumentation.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMVectorize.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMLinker.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMIRReader.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMAsmParser.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMAMDGPUAsmParser.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMAMDGPUDesc.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMAMDGPUUtils.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMAMDGPUInfo.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMAArch64Disassembler.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMMCDisassembler.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMAArch64CodeGen.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMCFGuard.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMGlobalISel.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMSelectionDAG.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMAsmPrinter.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMDebugInfoDWARF.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMCodeGen.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMTarget.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMScalarOpts.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMInstCombine.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMAggressiveInstCombine.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMTransformUtils.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMBitWriter.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMAnalysis.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMProfileData.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMObject.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMTextAPI.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMBitReader.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMCore.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMRemarks.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMBitstreamReader.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMAArch64AsmParser.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMMCParser.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMAArch64Desc.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMMC.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMDebugInfoCodeView.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMDebugInfoMSF.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMBinaryFormat.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMAArch64Utils.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMAArch64Info.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMSupport.a;/home/siwa/llvm-10.0/lib/libLLVMDemangle.a;-lrt;-ldl;-ltinfo;-lpthread;-lm
-- Found TVM_LLVM_VERSION=100
-- Build with LLVM 
-- Set TVM_LLVM_VERSION=100
-- Using BLAS library /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libopenblas.so
-- Use MKL library /opt/intel/oneapi/mkl/latest/lib/intel64/libmkl_rt.so
-- Use MKLDNN library /usr/local/lib/libdnnl.so
-- Build with DNNL JSON runtime: /usr/local/lib/libdnnl.so
-- Build with contrib.random
-- Build with contrib.sort
-- Build with contrib.hybriddump
-- Git found: /usr/bin/git
-- Found TVM_GIT_COMMIT_HASH=701d2c32759c95951c4eeca229addd1036539698
-- Building with TVM Map...
-- Build with thread support...
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /home/siwa/tvm_official/build

I can provide mine. However, I can run with DNNL runtime now with different model from before, so I guess DNNL have some problem with one of my models.

P.S. I use DNNL 2.2 and TVM 0.7.0 tag

There is no problems with CMake config but there is not enough information about the model you tried to run. Is this one of the SOTA models?

I see. The model I use is not a SOTA models, but it is some transformer models which use in my company.

Can you successfully run tests/python/relay/test_external_codegen.py now? If so, what did you change to facilitate it? Reverting to the TVM v0.7.0 tag from upstream main? (The latter is what I was testing on.)

In my case, I just run the model and get the same error as your post. However, in my case, the error has gone after I change models.

P.S. I also try run the test python3 ./test_external_codegen.py on TVM 0.7 tag and didn’t see any error.