Error when trying to tune the ResNet Model

Hello everyone,
I have just installed TVM and was going through the tutorial Automatically Tuning the ResNet Model.

I ran
tvmc tune --target "llvm" --output resnet50-v2-7-autotuner_records.json resnet50-v2-7.onnx,
but it failed with the message:

tvmc tune --target “llvm” --output resnet50-v2-7-autotuner_records.json resnet50-v2-7.onnx
/root/tvm/python/tvm/relay/frontend/onnx.py:5538: UserWarning: Input data has unknown dimension shapes: [‘N’, 3, 224, 224]. Specifying static values may improve performance warnings.warn(warning_msg) /root/tvm/python/tvm/driver/build_module.py:267: UserWarning: target_host parameter is going to be deprecated. Please pass in tvm.target.Target(target, host=target_host) instead. warnings.warn( /root/tvm/python/tvm/target/target.py:272: UserWarning: target_host parameter is going to be deprecated. Please pass in tvm.target.Target(target, host=target_host) instead. warnings.warn( URLError(gaierror(-3, ‘Temporary failure in name resolution’)) Download attempt 0/3 failed, retrying. URLError(gaierror(-3, ‘Temporary failure in name resolution’)) Download attempt 1/3 failed, retrying. WARNING:root:Failed to download tophub package for llvm: <urlopen error [Errno -3] Temporary failure in name resolution> Traceback (most recent call last): File “/root/tvm/python/tvm/autotvm/task/task.py”, line 523, in _prod_length num_iter = int(np.prod([get_const_int(axis.dom.extent) for axis in axes])) File “/root/tvm/python/tvm/autotvm/task/task.py”, line 523, in num_iter = int(np.prod([get_const_int(axis.dom.extent) for axis in axes])) File “/root/tvm/python/tvm/autotvm/utils.py”, line 164, in get_const_int raise ValueError(“Expect value to be constant int”) ValueError: Expect value to be constant int

uring handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last): File “/root/tvm/python/tvm/autotvm/task/task.py”, line 613, in compute_flop ret = traverse(sch.outputs) File “/root/tvm/python/tvm/autotvm/task/task.py”, line 592, in traverse num_element = _prod_length(op.axis) File “/root/tvm/python/tvm/autotvm/task/task.py”, line 525, in _prod_length raise FlopCalculationError("The length of axis is not constant. ") tvm.autotvm.task.task.FlopCalculationError: The length of axis is not constant.

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last): File “/root/anaconda3/envs/tvm/lib/python3.8/runpy.py”, line 192, in _run_module_as_main return _run_code(code, main_globals, None, File “/root/anaconda3/envs/tvm/lib/python3.8/runpy.py”, line 85, in _run_code exec(code, run_globals) File “/root/tvm/python/tvm/driver/tvmc/main.py”, line 24, in tvmc.main.main() File “/root/tvm/python/tvm/driver/tvmc/main.py”, line 115, in main sys.exit(_main(sys.argv[1:])) File “/root/tvm/python/tvm/driver/tvmc/main.py”, line 103, in _main return args.func(args) File “/root/tvm/python/tvm/driver/tvmc/autotuner.py”, line 273, in drive_tune tune_model( File “/root/tvm/python/tvm/driver/tvmc/autotuner.py”, line 470, in tune_model tasks = autotvm_get_tuning_tasks( File “/root/tvm/python/tvm/driver/tvmc/autotuner.py”, line 532, in autotvm_get_tuning_tasks tasks = autotvm.task.extract_from_program( File “/root/tvm/python/tvm/autotvm/task/relay_integration.py”, line 84, in extract_from_program return extract_from_multiple_program([mod], [params], target, ops=ops) File “/root/tvm/python/tvm/autotvm/task/relay_integration.py”, line 150, in extract_from_multiple_program tsk = create(task_name, args, target=target) File “/root/tvm/python/tvm/autotvm/task/task.py”, line 483, in create ret.flop = ret.config_space.flop or compute_flop(sch) File “/root/tvm/python/tvm/autotvm/task/task.py”, line 615, in compute_flop raise RuntimeError( RuntimeError: FLOP estimator fails for this operator. Error msg: The length of axis is not constant. . Please use cfg.add_flop to manually set FLOP for this operator

My system is Ubuntu 18.04(WSL2), I think I have installed TVM and its dependencies correctly.
If anyone can give me some advice to solve the problem, I would appreciate it.

I met same question, and fixed it, you can try to frozen onnx model by refering the follow codes:

import onnx

onnx_model = onnx.load_model(r’/home/zd/data/resnet50-v2-7.onnx’)

onnx_model.graph.input[0].type.tensor_type.shape.dim[0].dim_value = 1

onnx_model.graph.output[0].type.tensor_type.shape.dim[0].dim_value = 1

onnx.checker.check_model(onnx_model) onnx.save(onnx_model, r’/home/zd/data/resnet50-v2-7-frozen.onnx’) print(“frozen model saved.”)

and tvmc tune with resnet50-v2-7-frozen.onnx.

hope this will be helpful to you.

@anders Thanks! It works with your code:

# to solve the problem that tvmc tune resnet50 ERROR.
# tvm discuss URL:
# https://discuss.tvm.apache.org/t/error-when-trying-to-tune-the-resnet-model/13431

import onnx

onnx_model = onnx.load_model(r'./resnet50-v2-7.onnx')
onnx_model.graph.input[0].type.tensor_type.shape.dim[0].dim_value = 1
onnx_model.graph.output[0].type.tensor_type.shape.dim[0].dim_value = 1
onnx.checker.check_model(onnx_model)
onnx.save(onnx_model, r'./resnet50-v2-7-frozen.onnx')
print('frozen model saved.')

Just as you said, I frozen the onnx model, then using tmvc tune with the frozen model.

tvmc tune --target "llvm" --output resnet50-v2-7-autotuner_records.json resnet50-v2-7-frozen.onnx

To show more clearly, I use https://netron.app/ to see the difference between the original model and the frozen model is the input batch size (also the output):

I got the json file after tuning the model(1000 lines), like this:

Thank you for you advice. Best wishes! :relaxed:

Thanks for the input @denis. I was checking that tutorial again, and it seems it is using a model before ONNX project changed their files so that input is 1, 3, 224, 224, and not N, 3, 224, 224.

The link to this appropriate file, as seen in the tutorial is: https://github.com/onnx/models/raw/b9a54e89508f101a1611cd64f4ef56b9cb62c7cf/vision/classification/resnet/model/resnet50-v2-7.onnx)

Can you check that file on your Netron and confirm whether it requires any post processing, so that I can amend the tutorial in case that is required?

@leandron Hi, I checked the file on my Netron, it seems OK!

You can avoid this issue by adding the option --input-shapes "data:[1,3,224,224]" to the command.

1 Like