Build Android RPC with OpenCL

Hello everyone. I have issued when try to build Android RPC application with OpenCL backend. Few points to admit:

• I have built tvm and tvm runtime with OpenCL enabled. libOpenCL.so was taken from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libOpenCL.so

So, when I try to build android_rpc with libOpenCL.so pulled from device (I have tried from both /vendor/lib64/ and /system/vendor/lib64) - log from terminal is:

make: Entering directory '/home/whoami/Documents/tvm/apps/android_rpc/app/src/main/jni'
Android NDK: WARNING: APP_PLATFORM android-24 is higher than android:minSdkVersion 1 in /home/whoami/Documents/tvm/apps/android_rpc/app/src/main/AndroidManifest.xml. NDK binaries will *not* be compatible with devices older than android-24. See https://android.googlesource.com/platform/ndk/+/master/docs/user/common_problems.md for more information.    
Android NDK: WARNING:/home/whoami/Documents/tvm/apps/android_rpc/app/src/main/jni/Android.mk:tvm4j_runtime_packed: non-system libraries in linker flags: -latomic libOpenCL.so    
Android NDK:     This is likely to result in incorrect builds. Try using LOCAL_STATIC_LIBRARIES    
Android NDK:     or LOCAL_SHARED_LIBRARIES instead to list the library dependencies of the    
Android NDK:     current module    
make: Leaving directory '/home/whoami/Documents/tvm/apps/android_rpc/app/src/main/jni'
make: Entering directory '/home/whoami/Documents/tvm/apps/android_rpc/app/src/main/jni'
[arm64-v8a] Compile++      : tvm4j_runtime_packed <= org_apache_tvm_native_c_api.cc
[arm64-v8a] SharedLibrary  : libtvm4j_runtime_packed.so
/home/whoami/Documents/tvm/apps/android_rpc/app/src/main/obj/local/arm64-v8a/objs/tvm4j_runtime_packed/org_apache_tvm_native_c_api.o: In function `tvm::runtime::cl::OpenCLWorkspace::AllocTextureWorkspace(DLDevice, unsigned long, unsigned long, DLDataType)':
/home/whoami/Documents/tvm/apps/android_rpc/app/src/main/jni/../../../../../../include/../src/runtime/opencl/opencl_device_api.cc:250: undefined reference to `tvm::runtime::TexturePool::AllocTexture(DLDevice, unsigned long, unsigned long, DLDataType)'
/home/whoami/Documents/tvm/apps/android_rpc/app/src/main/obj/local/arm64-v8a/objs/tvm4j_runtime_packed/org_apache_tvm_native_c_api.o: In function `tvm::runtime::cl::OpenCLWorkspace::FreeTextureWorkspace(DLDevice, void*)':
/home/whoami/Documents/tvm/apps/android_rpc/app/src/main/jni/../../../../../../include/../src/runtime/opencl/opencl_device_api.cc:254: undefined reference to `tvm::runtime::TexturePool::FreeTexture(DLDevice, void*)'
/home/whoami/Documents/tvm/apps/android_rpc/app/src/main/obj/local/arm64-v8a/objs/tvm4j_runtime_packed/org_apache_tvm_native_c_api.o: In function `~OpenCLThreadEntry':
/home/whoami/Documents/tvm/apps/android_rpc/app/src/main/jni/../../../../../../include/../src/runtime/opencl/opencl_common.h:294: undefined reference to `tvm::runtime::TexturePool::~TexturePool()'
/home/whoami/Documents/tvm/apps/android_rpc/app/src/main/obj/local/arm64-v8a/objs/tvm4j_runtime_packed/org_apache_tvm_native_c_api.o: In function `OpenCLThreadEntry':
/home/whoami/Documents/tvm/apps/android_rpc/app/src/main/jni/../../../../../../include/../src/runtime/opencl/opencl_common.h:313: undefined reference to `tvm::runtime::TexturePool::TexturePool(DLDeviceType, tvm::runtime::DeviceAPI*)'
clang++: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
make: *** [/home/whoami/Android/Sdk/ndk/21.3.6528147/build/core/build-binary.mk:725: /home/whoami/Documents/tvm/apps/android_rpc/app/src/main/obj/local/arm64-v8a/libtvm4j_runtime_packed.so] Error 1
make: Leaving directory '/home/whoami/Documents/tvm/apps/android_rpc/app/src/main/jni

Also, I have got error if I use libOpencl.so from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/ (I use it for tvm compilation), the log is the next:

Android NDK: WARNING: APP_PLATFORM android-24 is higher than android:minSdkVersion 1 in /home/whoami/Documents/tvm/apps/android_rpc/app/src/main/AndroidManifest.xml. NDK binaries will *not* be compatible with devices older than android-24. See https://android.googlesource.com/platform/ndk/+/master/docs/user/common_problems.md for more information.    
Android NDK: WARNING:/home/whoami/Documents/tvm/apps/android_rpc/app/src/main/jni/Android.mk:tvm4j_runtime_packed: non-system libraries in linker flags: -latomic libOpenCL.so    
Android NDK:     This is likely to result in incorrect builds. Try using LOCAL_STATIC_LIBRARIES    
Android NDK:     or LOCAL_SHARED_LIBRARIES instead to list the library dependencies of the    
Android NDK:     current module    
make: Leaving directory '/home/whoami/Documents/tvm/apps/android_rpc/app/src/main/jni'
[arm64-v8a] Compile++      : tvm4j_runtime_packed <= org_apache_tvm_native_c_api.cc
[arm64-v8a] SharedLibrary  : libtvm4j_runtime_packed.so
libOpenCL.so: error adding symbols: File in wrong format
clang++: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
make: *** [/home/whoami/Android/Sdk/ndk/21.3.6528147/build/core/build-binary.mk:725: /home/whoami/Documents/tvm/apps/android_rpc/app/src/main/obj/local/arm64-v8a/libtvm4j_runtime_packed.so] Error 1

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':app:buildJni'.
> Process 'command 'sh'' finished with non-zero exit value 2

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. Run with --scan to get full insights.

* Get more help at https://help.gradle.org

Could you help me with android_rpc building with opencl backend? Do you have any suggestions, why libOpenCL.so pulled from device didnt fir for compilation?

P.S. Settings from config.mk:

APP_ABI = arm64-v8a
    APP_PLATFORM = android-24
    USE_OPENCL = 1
    USE_SORT = 1
    USE_RANDOM = 1
    ADD_C_INCLUDES = /home/whoami/Documents/OpenCL_SDK/opencl20
    ADD_LDLIBS = libOpenCL.so # put lib in the same current dir of config

Add below line to the file “apps/android_rpc/app/src/main/jni/tvm_runtime.h”

#include "../src/runtime/opencl/texture_pool.cc"

And compile with your target pulled libOpenCL.so

(I’ve created a pull request for above change at Fix build break in android_rpc by euntaik · Pull Request #8252 · apache/tvm · GitHub)

Thank you for response, it works for me!