So, updating this thread again, we’re currently improving
tlcpack so that is able to upload packages into PyPI.
During the investigation for these improvements, we realised we own the project name
apache-tvm in PyPI, and as a way to make it simpler for our users to get hold of a TVM package, we’ll be using that namespace. The intended final result is that an user can simply
pip install apache-tvm to get the latest CPU-capable release version of TVM.
Other packages will be available for GPU enabled builds, similar to what mxnet does: mxnet · PyPI. We can’t promise any time scales for this to be delivered. In case that is important for you, we invite you to get involved.
- We sorted out the required credentials for
apache-tvm on PyPI so that committers who want to contribute with packaging work are able to (thanks @areusch and @driazati)
- We have an ongoing PR that adds functionality to
tlcpack GitHub Actions to upload a package to PyPI - https://github.com/tlc-pack/tlcpack/pull/102 (CPU only)
- We welcome more contributions and people interested in helping with packaging. This is the only way to speed-up this process
- Expand this work for GPU enabled packages
- Collaborate with other initiatives in the TVM project so that we can link this works with a more frequent release process, as well as making the package available very soon after the release is declared in TVM.